Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bloody Review

I think the first chapter should really have been an introduction. It gives history and significance of blogs, but as far as necessary handbook information I am not sure it fits as the first chapter. Just like we read chapter 3 first in class, that should really be the first one. The title for number 2 could bet better titled "benefits of blogs".

Okay, not that I am done giving an editorial review, I will move on to an actual reader review.

Chapter 1 was an interesting history lesson and one can tell that Blood is proud of her blogging community. Just like the news can give things an angle, so too can bloggers for their own purposes. I do agree that one can find many, many, angles of the same stories. It kind of reminds me of the game telephone, the more people who hear the story and pass it on, the more changes seem to get made to it.

Chapter 2 made some good points about connecting people, which most people would agree the internet has been a pivotal component. It is nice to have a reason to get me to write every day, because the more one writes the easier it becomes. Although I am not sure blogging creates critical thinkers, that seems like a stretch. If someone is a critical thinker, then the blog will allow for an outlet. Just like if someone is very shallow and looking for a spotlight, the world of the blog also allows for this. I am not saying that people can't change, but I would not give sole credit to the blog. In Bloods defence however, she does talk about bloggers who actually think about their links and information when posting.

Chapter 3 I liked because of how simple it explained things. I have never blogged before and she made it sound really simple. It also pointed out some intersting facts, such as the copyright, which I had wondered about. So far this book delivers as it says "practical advice on creating and maintaining your blog".

No comments:

Post a Comment